I’ve been stuck with a bug that is slow to go away. But I think I’ve found an edible weapon: rice porridge made in the cooker. Or, perhaps a better name might be not-quite-insta-pseudo jook. Either way, it’s easy and tasty.
This makes enough for 2 generous or 3 smallish servings. Go ahead and double it.
- 2 tablespoons medium or long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons glutinous (sweet) rice
- 1 bouillion cube + 3 cups water, or, 1 cup broth + 2 cups water
- a few pieces fresh ginger root; roughly 1 teaspoon chopped into 2 to 4 chunks.
- garnishes: garlic oil, scallions, cilantro, sesame oil, soy sauce, etc.
- Rinse both rices a couple times, drain, and place in rice cooker bowl.
- Add the bouillion or broth, and water. Add ginger.
- Set rice cooker to the “porridge” setting, and wait ’till it dings completion.
- Stir, serve in bowls, garnish as desired.